MAKING A BED...From head to foot
There are no rules, but here are some guidelines that you can follow that I use in every bedroom I design. Have fun!
Oh...a bench at the end of the bed is also a must to keep the pillows off the floor at night.
- 2 Sleeping Pillows
- 2 Euro Shams (26 x 26)
- 2 Pillow Shams that match the Duvet
- Sheets in Ivory or White
- A bolster or interesting pillow
- A Matelasse or solid Quilt on top of the sheets (tucked in and sheets folded back) I love the pick-stitch quilt from Pottery Barn. http://www.potterybarn.com/products/pick-stitch-quilt-sham/?
- A duvet in a cover that matches the shams
- Bedskirt with a box pleat depending on how formal of the room, you can pleat it every few inches, or have fewer pleats for a more masculine or contemporary look.
This was bedding I had custom made for a client on Anna Maria Island. I love the punch of orange mixed with the blue and green silk pillows. So beachy yet sophisticated. This is the pick -stitch quilt and shams too.
I had a bolster like this made for my bed. I just have to keep my sons from using it like a weapon with they are wrestling!
Notice the Pick-Stitch Quilt here too...
I recently made these selections for a modern master bedroom I am working on in Belmont.